- Acura Team Penske gets first win at Mid-Ohio
- No. 6 Acura finishes in top 5 at Long Beach
- Both Acura Team Penske entries retire at Sebring
- Both Team Penske entries finish in the Top 10
- Cameron & JPM To Drive for Acura Team Penske
Whelen Roar Before the 24 Preview
DENVER, NC (Jan. 5, 2017) - IMSA's final pre-season test, the Roar Before the 24 is being held this weekend at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL. The No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R drivers are looking forward to the added track time before the running of the 55th Annual Rolex 24 at Daytona, January 28-29.
Reigning IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Prototype Champions Dane Cameron and Eric Curran will be co-driving the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R at the upcoming test. The two full-season drivers will be joined by Seb Morris, winner of the 2016 Sunoco Whelen Challenge and British GT Championship regular, along with Mike Conway, driver of the Toyota Gazoo Racing factory LMP1.
This year marks Cadillac's first prototype race car since 2002. Fortunately, all drivers were able to get acclimated with their new Cadillac race car as part of an IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship 2-day test at Daytona International Speedway last December.
Eager to co-defend his IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Prototype Championship in the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R, Cameron is looking forward to getting behind the wheel at the Roar Before the 24.
"The Roar is hugely important since the race weekend itself goes by so fast and is more about making sure everything is set and good to go for the race. There's no time for messing around. So really these next 3 days at the Roar are where we will learn the most and make a lot of our decisions for how we want to run the race. I'm looking forward to pounding a ton of laps with my teammates and getting 2017 off to a strong start and hopefully my first Rolex 24 win."
The No. 31 Whelen Engineering Team will hit the track on Friday, January 6 at 10:20 AM.
- Whelen Scores Second at Road Atlanta
- Whelen takes 2nd at Laguna Seca
- Whelen Takes 4th at Road America
- Whelen Looks to Continue Winning Ways at Road America
- Whelen Returns to Victory Lane in Canada
- AXR Looks to Repeat at CTMP
- Fight to the Finish at Watkins Glen
- Whelen Ready for Sahlen’s Six Hour
- Whelen Engineering Scores Second in Detroit
- Front Row For Action Express Racing in Detroit
- Whelen Looks to Repeat History in Detroit
- Cameron captures TC win at Lime Rock
- Whelen Team Finishes 2nd to Complete Weekend
- Whelen Eng Team Already Looking Forward to COTA
- Action Express Sweeps Podium at Sebring
- The Whelen Eng. Cadillac Seeks Victory at Sebring
- Whelen Roar Before the 24 Preview
- Whelen Racing Team Adds Drivers For Daytona
- Action Express Finalizes 2017 IMSA Plans
- Another Championship for Action Express
- Two on the Podium at COTA
- Cameron & Curran make it two in a row!
- It's Action Express again; Second straight 1-2 finish!
- Ace Accomplishment For Action Express Racing
- AXR Heads to Laguna Seca in search of victory #1
- AXR Powers to a Double Podium at Sebring
- Whelen's Corvette ready for Sebring
- Action Express Takes 6th at Daytona
- AXR Set For 2016 Rolex 24 Following A Successful Roar