- Acura Team Penske gets first win at Mid-Ohio
- No. 6 Acura finishes in top 5 at Long Beach
- Both Acura Team Penske entries retire at Sebring
- Both Team Penske entries finish in the Top 10
- Cameron & JPM To Drive for Acura Team Penske
The Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R Seeks Victory at Sebring
SEBRING, FL (March 14, 2017) - Dane Cameron and Eric Curran, drivers of Whelen Engineering's red and white Cadillac DPi-V.R, return to challenge for the title at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on March 18. After barely missing out on the winners circle in heartbreaking fashion in 2016, Cameron and Curran are solely focused on the checkered flag entering this year's 12-hour battle.
"We didn't have the finish we wanted in Daytona with the No .31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R," said two-time Sebring fastest qualifier Dane Cameron. "We will definitely be on the attack looking to recover from Daytona and try to finish one spot better than last year's 12 hrs." At last year's race, the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Team held the lead for more than half of the total laps and carried the banner for GM in the prototype class. However, after two late restarts, the Whelen Engineering Corvette DP, piloted by Cameron, ultimately had to settle for a runner-up finish in the 64th annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
Ahead of this year's event, Cameron and Curran continue to develop the new Cadillac Dpi-V.R., logging miles and gathering data during the two-day test at Sebring International Raceway.
"Sebring is one of the hardest tracks in the world to make a race car work well," said former Sebring (2007) winner Eric Curran. "I was impressed by our performance at Sebring given how difficult the track is, and it shows how much testing and development has gone into the Cadillac DPi-V.R racing program."
Following the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona, Cameron and Curran will continue with endurance driver Mike Conway at Sebring. In Whelen Engineering's 65th year in existence, the team is hoping for a special day at the 65th annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
The race gets underway on Saturday, March 18 at 10:40 a.m. ET and will be shown on FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports GO app and IMSA.com.
- Whelen Scores Second at Road Atlanta
- Whelen takes 2nd at Laguna Seca
- Whelen Takes 4th at Road America
- Whelen Looks to Continue Winning Ways at Road America
- Whelen Returns to Victory Lane in Canada
- AXR Looks to Repeat at CTMP
- Fight to the Finish at Watkins Glen
- Whelen Ready for Sahlen’s Six Hour
- Whelen Engineering Scores Second in Detroit
- Front Row For Action Express Racing in Detroit
- Whelen Looks to Repeat History in Detroit
- Cameron captures TC win at Lime Rock
- Whelen Team Finishes 2nd to Complete Weekend
- Whelen Eng Team Already Looking Forward to COTA
- Action Express Sweeps Podium at Sebring
- The Whelen Eng. Cadillac Seeks Victory at Sebring
- Whelen Roar Before the 24 Preview
- Whelen Racing Team Adds Drivers For Daytona
- Action Express Finalizes 2017 IMSA Plans
- Another Championship for Action Express
- Two on the Podium at COTA
- Cameron & Curran make it two in a row!
- It's Action Express again; Second straight 1-2 finish!
- Ace Accomplishment For Action Express Racing
- AXR Heads to Laguna Seca in search of victory #1
- AXR Powers to a Double Podium at Sebring
- Whelen's Corvette ready for Sebring
- Action Express Takes 6th at Daytona
- AXR Set For 2016 Rolex 24 Following A Successful Roar