- Acura Team Penske gets first win at Mid-Ohio
- No. 6 Acura finishes in top 5 at Long Beach
- Both Acura Team Penske entries retire at Sebring
- Both Team Penske entries finish in the Top 10
- Cameron & JPM To Drive for Acura Team Penske
Whelen Engineering Team Finishes 2nd to Complete COTA Weekend
AUSTIN, TX (May 6, 2017) - The Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R, had a day as clean and clear as the 85-degree sunny skies showed above us. After unlucky circumstances early in the year, today's race provided a much needed solid finish and points day as the No. 31 Whelen Engineering looks to gain momentum during the IMSA WeatherTech season.
Eric Curran qualified third and took over the second spot during his first stint in the 2-hour 40 min showdown after passing the No. 22 Prototype in traffic. Around the 50-min mark, the Whelen Engineering Cadillac pitted for 4 tires, fuel and a driver change to Dane Cameron. The pit-stop got the Whelen Cadillac back out in third place behind his teammate, Joao Barbosa. Dane would eventually pass the No.5 for second and bring home the team's second podium finish of 2017.
Dane Cameron, No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R:
"Today was a nice way to recover after Long Beach," Cameron said. "Our Whelen Engineering Team worked hard to build us a new race car for Austin. We'll take the podium and being the best of the rest today. We'll review our notes to get better for Detroit in a few weeks."
Eric Curran, No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R:
"Overall good day for our Whelen Cadillac," Curran said. "We did a good job of qualifying third and battled with the No. 22 car in the beginning, eventually got to second (before his first stint was over). For the rest of the day, it was us against our teammates, the No. 5. We'll take the good finish and points day from COTA, building on this momentum for Detroit next month." The IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship will travel to Detroit for the Chevrolet Sports Car Classic to run June 2-3.
- Whelen Scores Second at Road Atlanta
- Whelen takes 2nd at Laguna Seca
- Whelen Takes 4th at Road America
- Whelen Looks to Continue Winning Ways at Road America
- Whelen Returns to Victory Lane in Canada
- AXR Looks to Repeat at CTMP
- Fight to the Finish at Watkins Glen
- Whelen Ready for Sahlen’s Six Hour
- Whelen Engineering Scores Second in Detroit
- Front Row For Action Express Racing in Detroit
- Whelen Looks to Repeat History in Detroit
- Cameron captures TC win at Lime Rock
- Whelen Team Finishes 2nd to Complete Weekend
- Whelen Eng Team Already Looking Forward to COTA
- Action Express Sweeps Podium at Sebring
- The Whelen Eng. Cadillac Seeks Victory at Sebring
- Whelen Roar Before the 24 Preview
- Whelen Racing Team Adds Drivers For Daytona
- Action Express Finalizes 2017 IMSA Plans
- Another Championship for Action Express
- Two on the Podium at COTA
- Cameron & Curran make it two in a row!
- It's Action Express again; Second straight 1-2 finish!
- Ace Accomplishment For Action Express Racing
- AXR Heads to Laguna Seca in search of victory #1
- AXR Powers to a Double Podium at Sebring
- Whelen's Corvette ready for Sebring
- Action Express Takes 6th at Daytona
- AXR Set For 2016 Rolex 24 Following A Successful Roar